Christchurch - New Zealand Statistics:
Some vital statistics for Christchurch in the Canterbury region.
- Latitude: 430 31 Mins, 48 Secs South
- Longitude: 1720 37 Mins, 13 Secs East.
- East Coast, South Island, New Zealand
- Area: Christchurch City: 45,240 Hectares
- Mean Daily Maximum: Jan 22.5 0C, July 11.3 0C
- Mean Temperature: 12.10C
- Mean Daily Minimum: Jan 12.20C, July 1.90C
- Mean Annual Maximum: 320C
- Mean Annual Minimum: -40C
- Mean average bright sunshine: 2,100 hours per annum
- Average rain days: 1mm or more; 85 per annum, Average annual rainfall: 648 mm
- Average days of screen frost (minimum air temperature less than 00C) 36 days per annum
- Average number of days with gusts reaching 63 km/h or more: 54 per annum
- Relative Humidity
- Average Relative Humidity: January: 3am 83%; 3pm 57%; July: 3am 88%; 3pm 70%
- New Zealand's resident population is approximately 4.3 million. The population of Christchurch is estimated to be 363 200 (June 2012)
- Ethnic Groups
- European: 275,085 (83%), NZ Maori: 21,960 (7%), Pacific Island: 7,617 (2%), Asian: 17,535 (5%), Other: 2,046 (1%), Not Specified: 8,883 (3%)
"Christchurch - The Garden City"